For a visual demonstration of the PMD Personal Microderm, the instructional video is featured to the left. A step-by-step instructional guide to the PMD is provided below.
The PMD tool is safe, effective, and easy to use. Discover how simple it is to get professional-quality microdermabrasion treatments from the convenience of your own home.Download Quickstart Guide
Our Web Manual
Where to Start
Thoroughly cleanse your skin. Make sure that it is free from all make up, dirt, and oils. We recommend using the PMD Advanced Soothing Cleanser, since it is specifically formulated to work with the PMD device and treatments. Once the skin is clean, allow it to dry completely before you begin. A dry skin surface is particularly important because it allows the Microdermal Exfoliator to work properly and effectively. If the skin is damp or clammy, the disc will be unable to smoothly glide over it.
Connecting the Power Cord
Back To Top Top
Choosing a Disc
Your first treatment should be with the white training disc. This should help you practice before using a real disc.
After practicing with the white disc, move on to the blue disc, which is the most gentle. Using the small disc for face and delicate areas and the large disc on your body.
For use on face and delicate areas
For use on body specifically
|White Training Disc||Blue Disc||Green Disc||Red Disc|
|Use to test skin tolerance and to practice using the PMD||Sensitive-level abrasion||Medium-level abrasion||Maximum-level abrasion|
Inserting a Disc
Step 1: Push the disc down firmly on the tool post.
Step 2: Twist on cap, making sure to tighten the cap firmly against the black o-ring on the tool.
Step 3: Check to make sure the disc is sitting slightly below the plastic cap.
Back To Top Top
Using the Device
Preliminary Step: On the first treatment use the training disc on the neck to test how the skin will react to treatments from the personal microderm. This step does not need to be repeated beyond the first treatment.
Step 2: Use a free hand to pull the skin tight in the treatment area.
Step 3: Move the PMD Personal Microderm in an upward motion across the skin. NOTE: Do not make more than two passes over one area during the treatment.
Step 4: Following the treatment, use a toner to neutralize the ph balance in the skin and a recovery moisturizer. For best results, use the PMD Neuro Neutralizing Toner and PMD Professional Recovery Moisturizer.
Step 5: Let your skin recover. Wait 6-7 days between treatments.
Back To Top Top
Disassembling the Device
Step 1: Remove cap by twisting counter-clockwise.
Step 2: Pull disc straight off
Step 3: Pull out dark filter.
Step 1: Clean the cap and the disc with rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) or an antibacterial soap.
Step 2: Clean the filter by running warm water over it and rubbing it between your fingers and thumb.
Step 3: Always remember to place the filter back in the device.
Back To Top Top
Do’s and Don’ts List
Remember, everyone’s skin is different. Use these instructions as guidelines for your own skin care needs.
1. Watch the training video and read all instructions before beginning your first treatment.
2. Wash the skin so it is completely free of all make up, oils, lotions and dirt.
3. Make sure the skin is dry.
4. Stretch the skin taut with a hand or finger so that the PMD will glide over the skin.
5. Begin your first treatment with the white training disc. Then, depending on your skin type, advance to the grey, then blue, then if needed green or red for the most intense treatment.
6. Test the PMD on a leg or on the neck to see how the skin responds to the tool. Wait 3 to 4 minutes to see if there are any adverse reactions before proceeding.
7. Always keep the tool moving while performing a treatment.
8. Use the small disc for the face and the large disc for the body.
9. Ensure the disc sits slightly below the top of the cap. Do this by pushing the disc down after the cap is in place.
10. Apply sun screen daily.
11. Do a treatment once every 7 days. This allows time for the skin to rejuvenate.
12. Clean the cap, disc and dark filter with alcohol or antibacterial liquid and let dry.
1. Do not use any chemicals products such as alpha and beta hydorxy acid, retin A or retinol prior to or within 48 hours of using the PMD.
2. Do not use the PMD without first consulting a physician if you’re on Accutane.
3. Do not use the PMD without first consulting a physician if you have any serious skin conditions, if you have extremely sensitive skin or if are taking any prescriptions.
4. Do not use directly above the eye bone or below the brow bone.
5. Do not allow the tool to hover in one spot.
6. Do not run the PMD over the same spot of skin multiple times. The effects of the PMD are not always immediately visible, so you must be careful. After several uses, you will learn how to best perform each treatment for your skin type.
7. Do not continue to use the PMD if you feel any pain during the treatment. Pain is a sign that you have been too aggressive. Instead, you should only feel a slight tingling sensation when using the PMD.